Like other Repliglass weapons, Pilot Soldiers are partially or entirely modeled on insects and other animals. Regenerative medicine is used to create all-purpose silicon stem cells which can be rearranged to form any kind of muscle, bone, nerves, blood vessels, internal organs, or sensory organs. In the case of Pilot Soldiers, Repliglass is used to form an external armor to increase the soldier's capabilitis. Repliglass soldiers are the main players of modern warfare and they are a symbol of fear for the guerillas and terrorists being wiped out around the world, being a new division of the military beyond infantry or tanks. Pilot Soldiers wear pitch black external armor and extra limbs.
Repliglass soldiers are physically superior to normal soldier thanks to their artificial muscles, being capable of crushing an armored vehicle or digging through concrete.
Pilot Soldier TypesEdit
- Water Strider: A Pilot Soldier with four legs that can move on the water's surface.
- Bottlenose Dolphin: A Pilot Soldier capable of naval warfare that can remain underwater for long periods of time.
- Unnamed Grasshopper Unit: An unnamed grasshopper model equipped with grasshoper-like legs allowing for long jumps up to 10 or twenty meters or kicks capable of crushing an armored vehicle. Pilot Soldiers using this model can wield weapons like a flashlight-equipped carbine.
- Unnamed Spider Unit: An unnamed spider model that has a spider body added onto a human’s upper body and is capable of silently crawling on surfaces like walls.
- Horseshoe Crab: A cutting-edge amphibious model with a giant hemisphere of armor on its back. Including the tail, it's about four meters long. Each unit has several weapons underneath that shell, like a gatling gun made for underwater use, a super-high temperature saber that reaches temperatures of five or six thousand degrees using a plasma jet (also made for underwater use), and amphibious guided weaponry. It has a detachable visor that combines infrared, ultraviolet, ultrasound visualization, and light amplification into a single grayscale image. According to Kyousuke Shiroyama, it looks like a modified version of the Quad Motors CE-30. The visor is detachable so that soldiers can switch between the naked eye and the mechanical sensors, as summoners and Materials do not appear on mechanical sensors when an Incense Grenade is in effect.
- Snail: A model that wears a giant round backpack. Their legs are enveloped by a sticky material that allowed them to cling to walls and ceilings. The backpack contain high-pressure water sprayers that take in powder from the building materials (such as concrete or steel) worn down by the leg units and produce enough destructive power to instantly slice through twenty centimeters of steel from a distance of fifteen hundred meters.
- Others: There are other unnamed models mentioned in passing in the story, such as two-meter praying mantis and pill bug units.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign Volume 01 Stage 1 Part 4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign Volume 01 Stage 2 Part 2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign Volume 01 Stage 4 Part 2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign Volume 01 Stage 2 Part 5
- ↑ Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign Volume 01 Stage 4 Part 1
- ↑ Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign Volume 03 Stage 2 Part 3